Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Musings on Milan

One of my college roommates currently lives in Milan, and I had the pleasure of visiting her there this past weekend. We walked ALL OF THE PLACES and we saw ALL OF THE THINGS and we ate ALL OF THE FOODS. In short, we had a total blast! And then, during my super early morning flight back to Madrid (a.k.a. in a semi-awake-but-mostly-zonked state), I decided to write down my reactions to the trip in quasi-poetry oh geez. Here are some excerpts:

JUST.
DESSERTS.
AW YUSS.
(This was literally the first thing I wrote down haha.)

Reminiscing while in a place you've never been
Because you're in that place with a dear old friend
Heals and hurts the heart in the same set of beats.
What a strange, seductive quicksand is nostalgia!

Mi scusi
Milan's Duomo
Mi dispiace
Non parlo
Italiano.

MILAN.
Kinda like Madrid
But in Italy.

FEET            PAVEMENT
          ON
EYES            FIRE

What's in a key?
The power to open
One thousand and one secrets!
… But only one lock.

It's just so cool.
Full
And yet
Tempted to order another dessert.
Tortelli
Y U so delish.

Just because
I told you so
Doesn't mean
I’m right.

Sing a song of sixpence
My wallet has run dry.

TRAMS.
They're cooler than you.

THE DUOMO.
It's cooler than you, too.

Happy Valentine's Day a little late, e'rybody. :) (And thanks, Mom, KTG, and UH & AK for entrusting the Spanish postal system with such sweet valentines!)

Love, love,
E.

1 comment:

  1. You are adorbs and I would read more of your poetry if you continue to pursue that literary art- its really funny :)
    Xoxo
    KTG

    ReplyDelete